Posts tagged “frameworks”
Designmodo has a quick overview of what to expect in Bootstrap 4. My initial thoughts:
- Moving from Less to Sass. Crap, now I gotta learn Sass and set up my development environment to support it.
- Grid System based on ems instead of pixels. Nice.
- Dropped support for IE8. OK, whatever…
- Dropped Glyphicons. Uh… please announce a replacement.
- Optional Flexbox. Yesssssss…
- Cards as a new component. Nice.
My biggest gripe is easily having to switch to Sass. Ah well, I’ll live.
They say “Don’t re-invent the wheel.” It’s pretty sound advice but you should probably know the different kinds of wheels you can choose from. And because it had been a while since I’d experimented with third-party libraries, I decided to mess around with Google’s Material Design Lite framework.
Now that Google has released it’s Material Design Lite (MDL) Framework, how does it stack up against the incumbent behemoth that is Bootstrap? Tutorialzine has a quick run-down comparing the two including their grid systems, navigation bars and other components. The article includes live, side-by-side comparisons of various components.
Social Media Links