Posts tagged “code”
I support the separation of presentation from structure.
I think it’s admirable we’re moving towards code reuse and modularity.
I’m all for using HTML tables for data and not for page layouts.
This is the perfect world I strive for in building websites. But we don’t live in a perfect world. We live in a messy world where clients want visible changes immediately and we’re working within parameters of time, money and energy that we have no control over.
Read more »
It took me a while to really grasp the power of WordPress’ Actions and Filters. Now I love using them and have recently discovered how they can be used to generate the correct Schema data depending on what the WordPress Loop is generating.
Designmodo has a quick overview of what to expect in Bootstrap 4. My initial thoughts:
- Moving from Less to Sass. Crap, now I gotta learn Sass and set up my development environment to support it.
- Grid System based on ems instead of pixels. Nice.
- Dropped support for IE8. OK, whatever…
- Dropped Glyphicons. Uh… please announce a replacement.
- Optional Flexbox. Yesssssss…
- Cards as a new component. Nice.
My biggest gripe is easily having to switch to Sass. Ah well, I’ll live.
Over the past few months I’ve been using a lot of what I call Page Builders, WordPress plugins that come with a set of modules which you drag-and-drop into a grid-based layout. I haven’t used, nor could I possibly use, all the available Page Builder plugins but here is what I have played around with:
- Themify Builder (as part of one of their themes.)
- Elegant Themes Page Builder plugin.
- Elegant Themes Divi Theme (note that the page builder included in Divi is different from their Page Builder plugin. Elegant Themes is investing development into the Divi builder.)
Of course, there are a lot more Page Builders than these. You also have Visual Composer., Startup Framework, Qards… the list goes on.
I am not going to be reviewing the Page Builders I have used. Rather I want to share my thoughts on them after having gained some experience using them.
Social Media Links